Last updated: August 4, 2018
1. Collection of Information
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information you provide when you create an account, complete your profile, join or leave groups, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, photos, reported location (city, state/province, and country), spiritual background, and any other information you choose to provide. Your choice of groups is optional, but we are required to process this information in order to administer your account and indicate that you are a member of the groups that you join. On occasion, the information that you give us when you join a group may imply information about your beliefs or political views. Sensitive information is given special protection, and posting personal or sensitive information about yourself or others, except as expressly permitted in this policy and our other terms and policies, is a violation thereof.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Platform
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser you use; the time, duration, and frequency of your use; pages viewed and links clicked; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting our Platform.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform and when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Platform you elect to use, but only where these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your information to us, including:
- Social Media Services. If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account, as authorized by that service. We may also have access to third-party account information if you use the Platform feature to share a link.
- Member Content. We may receive information about you when you or another member uploads photos or posts other content to the Platform.
2. Use of Information
2.1 Operating our Platform
We may, but are not obligated to, use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Platform, including to:
- Provide, maintain, personalize, and improve our Platform and develop new products and services;
- Display information about you, for instance, the information visible on your profile;
- Personalize the Platform, for example, to suggest content in which we think you may be interested (including content given special protection under EU law or that relates to sensitive topics such as health, political opinions, religion, and sexual identity);
- Allow you to share information about your use of the Platform through a third-party social-media service, if you connect your account through that service and to provide you with better recommendations;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform and perform administrative tasks; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent use, abuse, and other illegal activities; protect the rights, property, or safety of Pagan Renewal and others; enforce compliance with our policies; enforce or manage legal claims; and comply with applicable law and government requests.
2.2 Communicating with You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide member service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by us and others and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Deliver, or notify you about, communications from other members, in accordance with the communication preferences that you indicate in your account; and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3 Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Provide content or features that match member profiles or interests;
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time the information was collected.
2.4 Legal Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
- We process information about you in order to provide our services in accordance with our terms and policies, for example, to enable you to join groups, to display your profile to other members, and to allow us to send you important service updates.
- We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights, for example, in some cases for engaging in direct marketing, preventing fraud and abuse, securing our Platform and its network and information systems, responding to your communications, operating our networks of groups, and improving our Platform.
- Sometimes you provide us with sensitive information about you; for instance, the mere fact of joining a certain group may indicate information about your religion and political views. Joining such groups, or posting information on the Platform about these topics, is entirely voluntarily and done with your explicit consent.
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information about you or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- We may also process information to comply with applicable law or to perform our contractual obligations.
3. Sharing of Information
3.1 Through our Platform
We share some of the information we collect by displaying it on our Platform according to your member profile and account settings. Some information, such as user name, is always public. Some information, such as reported location and spiritual background, is public by default but can be hidden on our Platform. Some information, such as group memberships here on Pagan Renewal, will always be visible to other members of that group here on Pagan Renewal and may be public, depending on the settings of that group. We recommend that you check the group settings and what information will be available before joining the group to ensure that you are happy with the information that is visible to others.
3.2 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain functions, such as email transmission, data hosting, advertisement management, and some aspects of technical and member support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
3.3 Following the Law and Protecting Pagan Renewal
We may access, preserve, and disclose to third parties information about you, including the content of your messages and others’ messages, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation or legal process. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our terms and policies or if necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, Pagan Renewal or others.
3.4 Social Sharing and Other Tools
The Platform may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Platform with third-party services, and vice versa. Such features let you share information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you have chosen with the service. The service’s use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the services that provide these features.
3.5 Other Situations
We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
4. Additional Details
4.1 Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
4.2 Your Choices: Account Information
You may update or correct the account information that you have provided to Pagan Renewal by editing your profile or account settings. You may deactivate your account by contacting us. Pagan Renewal may retain certain information as needed to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes and enforce our legal rights. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
4.3 Your Choices: Cookies
Most devices and web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you may be able to remove or reject browser cookies. You can learn more about cookies, including how to block cookies, by visiting allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Platform.
4.4 Your Choices: Email Communications
You may opt out of receiving email communications from Pagan Renewal by following the instructions in those messages or by adjusting the communication preferences that you indicate in your profile or account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you certain messages necessary for your use of the Platform, such as messages about your account.
4.5 Transfer of Information to the United States
Pagan Renewal is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Platform or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
We employ measures designed to protect information about you that is under our control and that we process on your behalf from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, and disposal, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure, however.
4.7 Policy Scope
4.8 Your Data Rights
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data-protection rights in accordance with applicable laws. You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data-protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data-protection authority.
Under European data-protection law, the controller of your information is New Living Foundation, a Wyoming corporation part of the Pagan Renewal. Pagan Renewal is, therefore, a controller of your information. Other members, such as group organizers and network administrators, may also act as controllers of your information. You should contact these members if you have any questions about how they use information that you have provided to them.
4.9 Revisions to this Policy
4.10 Contact Us