Last updated: April 15, 2017
1. Collection of Information
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information you provide when you create an account, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, reported location (city, state/province, and country), spiritual background, and any other information you choose to provide.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Platform
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before visiting our Platform.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Platform you elect to use, including:
- Social Media Services. If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account, as authorized by that service. You have the ability to disable the connection between our Platform and your third-party account at any time.
2. Use of Information
2.1 Operating our Platform
We may, but are not obligated to, use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Platform, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Platform and develop new products and services;
- Personalize the Platform;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent use, abuse, and other illegal activities, and protect the rights property, or safety of ReformPagan.org and others.
2.2 Communicating with You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide member service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by us, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Deliver communications from other members, in accordance with the communication preferences that you indicate in your account; and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3 Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Provide content or features that match member profiles or interests;
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time the information was collected.
3. Sharing of Information
3.1 Through our Platform
We share some of the information we collect by displaying it on our Platform according to your member profile and account settings. Some information, such as user name, is always public. Some information, such as reported location and spiritual background, is public by default but can be hidden on our Platform. Some information, such as group memberships here on PaganRenewal.net, will always be visible to other members of that group here on PaganRenewal.net, and may be public, depending on the settings of that group.
3.2 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain functions, such as email transmission, data hosting, and some aspects of our technical and member support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
3.3 Following the Law and Protecting ReformPagan.org
We may access, preserve, and disclose to third parties information about you if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation or legal process. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, ReformPagan.org or others.
3.4 Social Sharing and Other Tools
The Platform may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Platform with third-party services, and vice versa. Such features let you share information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you have chosen with the service. The service’s use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the services that provide these features.
3.5 Other Situations
We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
4. Additional Details
4.1 Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
4.2 Your Choices: Account Information
You may update or correct the account information that you have provided to ReformPagan.org by editing your profile or account settings. You may deactivate your account by contacting us. ReformPagan.org may retain certain information as needed to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes and enforce our legal rights. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
4.3 Your Choices: Cookies
Most devices and web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you may be able to remove or reject browser cookies. You can learn more about cookies, including how to block cookies, by visiting allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Platform.
4.4 Your Choices: Email Communications
You may opt out of receiving email communications from ReformPagan.org by following the instructions in those messages or by adjusting the communication preferences that you indicate in your profile or account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you certain messages necessary for your use of the Platform, such as messages about your account.
4.5 Transfer of Information to the United States
ReformPagan.org is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Platform or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
We employ measures designed to protect information about you, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure, however.
4.7 Policy Scope
4.8 Revisions to this Policy
4.10 Contact Us